Lucy told me on Tuesday afternoon she wanted to go to the blacktop pump track. She hadn't been to that one in over a year. That evening she and I went but she wouldn't ride her bike. She saw other kids on scooters and said she wanted to try her scooter on the pump track. I have no idea how to help someone on a pump track on a scooter, so I was resistant. I put these video clips in chronological order, so you can see her progression. I was impressed that for a cautious girl, she went for it right away on the smaller hills. But as the video progresses, she slowly but sure does the big hills.
Tuesday night I bought her a new scooter. The one she used the first night has 3 wheels. There are 2 in the back to make it easier to balance. I told her this new one would ride different, having only one wheel in the back. She said it felt a little different, but she continued to rock the pump track on day 2 with her new scooter.
No comments:
Post a Comment