Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Charlie's Bad Habit, Lucy's Emotional Eloquence

The last few months Charlie has been throwing food, utensils and cups from his high chair.  We still don't know how to stop this behavior.  We have started giving timeouts in his room the last week or so.  We take him to his room and explain what he did and how it makes us feel and we just sit. 

Last night Charlie threw something, so I got him out of this chair and told him to walk to his room and sit down because he threw something and now has a timeout.  Well I'll be darned if he didn't go off to his dark room and sit down on the floor! 

Today he threw a spoon from his high chair.  Lucy saw this and told Charlie is made her sad.  I responded it made me sad too.  Lucy then said, "no, when Charlie throws things it makes Dad mad, Mom sad, and I get.... frustrated!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment